View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #1293
summitSS
Darrell

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SPD-Summit Wht
The "Texas Bowties", 1st Generation Camaro Club here in San Antonio, have some really nice rides. It was a real treat to see our "Big Brothers" poised in all their glory at Ancira Chevrolet. There were 9 in total and none were bashful about rolling in. Can you say, "Classic Thunder"?

About a month ago I found their website and thought they should be formally invited to participate in our 1st Annual Car Show in November. I contacted the president of the club and he more than graciously gave me a few minutes to speak during their meeting. This club's hospitality was top-notch which made me feel very welcome. Food and drink were provided.

After meeting and talking with several people it was quickly discovered that both our clubs can benefit each other on many different levels. I assured them as 5th Gen guys, we will support them in any of their future endeavors and they made the same commitment to us.

Thanks to "Synergy SATX" & family and to Mrs. "SummitSS" for attending as well. Follow the below link for photos.

http://www.satxcamaro.com/bowties1

I have invited the "Texas Bowties" to stop by TGI Fridays one Friday to see how the 5th gen guys and gals hang out. They were impressed by our Friday night numbers.

99 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Artic White
01 Chevy Monte Carlo SS - Torch Red
01 Chevy Corvette - Pewter
02 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 - Pewter
summitSS is offline   Reply With Quote