View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #299
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackMan View Post
I am stuck at diablo nm at the moment. A friend and I tried killing him 3 times last night but he's a DH and I'm a witch doctor and my demon summons just don't last long enough for a tank as he teleports around. Any suggestions? We get through the part where he does his shadow or whatever and he turns into the zombies. Any suggestions on witch doctor skills to help with this? I'm level 49 doing 2200 dmg with soul harvest and 15k life. Only 700 mana... Ugh.

If diablo gets me with those spikes and grabs me up I'm pretty much dead unless I run quick and heal before he shoots out fire.
The trick is to learn his mechanics. You can avoid the spikes 100% of the time by keeping your eyes on the ground to see when the black spots start to appear. When they do, just keep running and avoid standing near any before the cages come up.

As a Witch Doctor, your best bet is to use a Vision Quest build with Dire Bats. Your damage will be high enough that you can punch through all 3 phases. Invest in some intelligence and vitality gear so you have a good health pool. You'll have to keep 4 abilities on cooldown all the time. With the build I linked, that will be both pets, Big Bad Voodoo, and either Grasp or Spirit Walk. Save Spirit Walk to get out of fire if necessary, mainly use Grasp as your 4th ability on cooldown. Otherwise just point and shoot bats at Diablo.