View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #296
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Drives: No more Camaro
Ok, it took me a couple of days to sign back in after the site was down. Anyway, I built one side of the taillights and tried to install it and it did not work. :( I don't know if I hooked it up to the incorrect wire or if I built it wrong according to the schematic.

I tried it on the passenger side, so I used the green/white wire, just like it was mentioned in the thread. However, I cut the green/white wire that was going to the OUTSIDE bulb. Is this correct???? I tried it there and it did not work. Just kept giving me the bad bulb error on the DIC. (and the bulb didn't light up at all)

Or was I supposed to cut the wire next to the connector for the harness instead of the one going to the outside bulb? I don't want to be cutting my harness all up. I couldn't get back on C5 to view the info because it was down. :(

If connecting it to the outer bulb was okay, then I must have built it wrong. If so, then my second question is, does it matter where you make the connection points of the wires? Meaning, on the schematic, for example, the wire going from the module back out to the green/white wire (positive power) shows that it is connected at 3 different points; one is to the 8 pin on the timer, one is to the 2 pin on the relay and one is to the 1 COM pin on the relay. However, there are other items hooked in there as well, such as the adjuster (to adjust the speed of the lights - sorry, don't know what to call it off hand) and a diode and another diode off of the 2 & 5 pins of the relays. Do they HAVE to be attached in an exact order?

I think I took the wire from the 1 COM pin and attached it to the banded end of the diode by the relay and also connected a wire from the 2 pin of the relay to the banded end of the diode. Would this be okay? I did stuff like that. So, to me, it's all connected, but if it has to be connected EXACTLY as the schematic shows (where I actually take the diode and solder it to the relay pins 2 & 5 and then solder another wire on top of the diode wire at pin 2 on the relay and then lead that out to another wire that I have coming from the 1 COM pin as my lead out wire to the connection to the green/white wire...etc.

I hope I'm explaining this correctly. I feel like I'm not. :( I have a feeling I just wasted my money. :(
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote