Thread: Perfect Paint
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Icefsh

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
Whyd it take you 12 hours to PC the car? I'm looking to purchase Adams' beginner PC kit for $259.
Well I was looking for the best result possible. My car is almost 2 years old and had quite a few small scratches and swrils. There is a small learning curve with the PC. Not that its hard, but knowing how much product to use and what to do when the pad starts dusting, used Detail spray. Also trying not let the pad get clogged up and learned not to let rotating pad touch any 90 degree edges or even seams. Because it could beat up the edges. Pieces of the pad start flying off. I think I need a new orange pad.

Anyway, the method I used might have been the reason it took me a while. I would use SHR remove pad, put in kithen storage bag to keep from drying out. Use FMP, then would wipe off and inspect. If it was not to my liking I would repeat the process.

I like the results. Even though it is not perfect. One thing I will do is use the 2 bucket system and the Adams wash pads!! Don't want to do this again any time soon.

Question: Now that I have sealed the paint with MSW, what type of wax should I put on top? I have Buttery wax and Briliant spray glaze.
Icefsh is offline   Reply With Quote