View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
camarostar2010

Drives: 2011 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPredator View Post
It would most likely make more power at the same psi with the increase in cubes but like JLE58 said other factors will come into play. In my opinion I'd be surprised if you made less at the same psi. At 9 psi on a low compression 418 your turbos will be moving more air then with the 376 to get to that same 9psi so I personally feel you would make more power. Are you doing heads also? That would make a big difference too.
Hi Cyber...(another great guy on here) thanks for chiming in. Yeah man i agree...its so iffy, but my engine guy is just gloomy. I know the turbo are gonna have to press more air, and I dont mind. i figure we can increase timing overall too. Since I have less chance of detonation, and I am running forged all the way. Well the head has dual vs, manley push rods, i also got new lifters and I did a trunion comps upgrade to the stock rockers. I did not have no polish or port work done. i figure that the nnoey is better spent else where at this point. Maybe down the line I might get some black label or arf heads. the cam is a turbo spec cam. I think with the extra cubes I will have a lil less lope and a bit more torque lower in the the rpm range.
camarostar2010 is offline   Reply With Quote