View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
Sleestack

Drives: '07 SRT8 SuperBee, '09 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trappistbrew View Post
Okay, heres the deal. A few weeks ago, my broker drives up in his Chrysler 300 SRT8 thinking he's all bad and stuff. I've got an SS Camaro on order. I tell him this and he tells me he could blow me off the road any day of the week. I've seen him a couple times since and he maintains he could blow me away. I'm not believing this, but I don't have my car yet and can't prove anything on the road. I know little about the 300 SRT8, but I know in my soul that the new Camaro must have the edge. Does anyone out there have any solid facts, specs, etc. that I can throw in his face until I get my car and blow him off the road?
While I have decent respect for his car, there is no way I believe he has any advantage over the Camaro. Help me put him in his place.
Thanks, I'm looking forward to proving this on the road, but until I have the hardware to prove my point, I'm relying on you all. Thanks

SRT8 is big, fast, and consistent. 13.2 @ 109 is not only the stated 1/4 mile time, but is the time that I see many running at (unless the driver does not know the subtleties of the traction control settings and the gas pedal). So, if you are stock and he is stock, it is a drivers race. If he is tuned and you are not, you will need help. Do you have an Auto or Manual?