View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:44 AM   #375
Turbo99

Drives: 08' F250 Diesel & 10' Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
just want to clarify, you cooled with chiller , then turned off chiller b4 dyno run{ just like you would do staging at tree} then after run , turned chiller back on{ just like you would do after completing track run} for 5 minutes ...cooled down for 5 minutes an ran again...sounds perfect for 10-11 second pass. summary is it lowered iats approx 40 degrees...anything i am incorrect about?..thanks..soon it will be time for track test, any idea when you may run 1/4 and log iats there...great job jeremy...exactly what i,m looking for, something to drop my 9lbs boost iat from 185 down to somewhere around 140-150..that is acceptable..tracy wanted to clarify. when chiller is on , he is totally bypassed? there is no flow thru he? correct...so during runs i would assume that he is totally ambient temps as it is not flowing or aborbing heat from the sc..and actually daily driving you really would not need to run chiller...so this is def more a track setup to cool quickly ...noit like it would really be needed on a dd...seems consisteant starting out around 65,, and climbed about 50 degrees per run, i,m sure more boost /more heat, so even if it climbs from 66 to 150 thats a 90 degree rise , that should give me a safe cushion...way better then 185 to 220
Your summary is correct.

I plan to run either saturady or next wednesday......weather permitting.

You are correct that when the chiller is ON the heat exchanger is totally bypassed, after it has chilled and got the I/C water to to 55*F or less it has enought there that it holds the cool temp just as good as if it were still on for the time it takes to do a 1/4 mile pass(approx. 30 seconds by the the time you stage the lights and leave). I was very surprised to see that compressor kick back on and stay on from about 4k rpm on, it didn't effrect the number down low but when it kicked on up high you could see a dip (5-10hp) IIRC.

I like the fact that it runs with my A/C on for DD because my runs done the raod ALL day in 100+ weather with 55-65* IATs instead of 110* IAT, I know the dyno didn't show any gain in HP but the car feels snappier than it did, not alot but it feels like it gets through the gears alittle faster than before the chiller.

I would not be so sure that it won't get you more cooling than 40*f on something hotter as it seems the 40-50* mark on my car is about the limit for how cool it can get the IATs, then again it may only get you 40-50*F to, that is one of the things that will differ from car to car and SC brand to brand.