View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #8
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Well here I sit in my garage with my wife's 'fixed' Camaro. Took it to the dealer on Wednesday and they said the linkage was bent and ordered a new assembly. Told us it would take two days to get here. Went earlier this afternoon to see status of car. We were told part came this morning and they would pull out a car that wasn't due till next week and get ours done. Turns out my wife used to work the the guy that is the service manager. Sweet we thought. She got the car back at 4:55. They close at 5:00. The tech said he had trouble getting the front pins out because it was bent so bad. Said he had to remove the top plate on tranny to remove shifter assembly She drove the car around the lot to make sure it was good and all appeared better. I think the reverse is still hard to get into. It definitely is nowhere as easy to shift into reverse as mine. We left and went about half a mile down the road. Made the U-trun to get on highway. I was following in my car. After she went up the on ramp she got on it a little and then immediately put on flashers and got off on shoulder. The the car is making a horrible grinding/rattling noise when accelerating. I drove the car home for her since the dealership was closed. Its rattling under hard accretion and if I rev it up with clutch depressed. Almost sounds like heat shield rattling/rubbing. I'm extremely stressed about this since I've been trying to address this since new clutch install about three weeks ago. We are down to one car and I have to go out of town next week all week. Getting under car now to see what I can see but don't have high hopes. Going back to dealership Monday Any ideas where to look. I'm hoping nothing internal was damaged with all the lowering and hanging down of the tranny. It was not making this noise prior to trip to dealership. Dealership did not remove transmission to the best of my knowledge. There really ws no need. All forward gears are working fine. Just noisy.

Mike
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote