View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 09:25 PM   #45
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
That's all it does?? ... I really expected more for all the hype! Oh well, to each their own, but I wouldn't trade my 2SS in just to have that feature.

Basically, it just projects your speed ( and a few other small things ) on your window, but I would find it too distracting as I drive. I feel my eyes would be constantly drawn to it. I think the current dash board indicator is just fine for what I'm looking for and really wouldn't want to pay an extra $400 or so more for this.

Attachment 114611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
No that's not all it does. It also projects your tire pressure, mpg, onstar directions, odometer, and EVERYTHING else that the digital speedo displays as well as incoming calls.
That's pretty much what I was refering to when I said "( and a few other small things )" Esentially, GM should've just removed the center dash monitor and installed the HUD at no cost since it does the same thing.

I don't need to look at my windshield to know how fast I'm going .... I'm pretty sure the Speeding ticket will tell me the same and yet, still cost me $150 less than the HUD!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote