View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #1104
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
So what's the news on the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Spark plug had ZERO gap , and after replacing it, the CEL code disappeared, but the ticking noise is still around. It doesn't sound anything like rod knock, but after putting a borescope into the spark plug hole, there is definitely damage to the piston head. I have yet to pull the heads to figure out if the side of the cylinder is scored/damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
find myself coming back tothis thread all the time to get ideas, favorite looking IBM camaro ( besides mine of course )Post more pics of those calipers
When my car is back up and running, I might, or I may transfer the calipers. see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroRND2 View Post
I have looked at this build about a billion times and figured I'd stop being a peeping tom and actually say something. IBM getting represented amazingly with ur car man.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
Mindz your car has played a huge role in the modding of my car, i wouldve never done black wheels if it wasn't for you. take a look at my build journal when you get a chance
My next mod is to get orange calipers like you, not sure if im going to get brembos or just powdercoat them orange.
I will check it out in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frid View Post
His car is hibernating is all I can say atm.
Yeah Yeah, Your car is driveable, that's all I can say.

Well folks, it appears that I am going to need to do at the very least a shortblock rebuild. The engine starts up and runs, but the ticking noise is disconcerning and I am not going to drive it, or start it up until I'm able to pull the heads. I don't have 6k lying around so I can't afford to have the car towed to a shop to open it up for me, and my stepfather is going to help me pull the engine to open her up come July. That's quite a ways away so I have made the decision to either sell my car or trade it in and snatch up a Z28. It's been a very hard decision to make, but I feel that it's time to move forward. I'm not a fan of the hood and front bumper, but those are easily changed to the 2010 I hope. If you know anyone interested in purchasing Blue Rush as is, please direct them my way. Now's your chance to own a car that's appeared on the cover of a magazine!