View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 09:14 AM   #7
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
If I were going to do the RS look I would do the same retrofit with maybe the Appollo shroud. I would paint the reflector and shroud flat black with a can of spray paint. Then either use the smaller halo ring like Turboguy did or if you want the big Halo ring you could buy AAC's halo and install it.

Here is an example: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116808

I think the performance of the light is going to be as good or better than OEM. This will also be an option for those looking at the Eagle Eyes. The Eagle Eye is more of a stratight forward install and will probably be $150-$200 cheaper but the performance of the Morimoto projector is going to be much better. The Eagle Eye is designed for a Halogen bulb....not a HID. The Morimoto is all HID.

*** I'm not bashing the Eagle Eye. It's a decent option. It's just that IMO a true retrofit is going to be way better. ****
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote