View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #41
aldaran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlynn1 View Post
Interesting concept except what if your engine goes tits up or your tranny goes out $20 per month at 5 years is only $1200 even with interest nowhere near enough to cover the repair. Not to mention the lack of saving discipline most of us have, many people reading this do not even fund any type of retirement plan let alone a healthy savings plan. For some you method would work but for the masses the extra $20 per month added to your loan payment is truly inexpensive peace of mind.
I have to agree. Savings accounts today pay less than 1% and as stated above 20 dollars for three years is only $720 and the labor cost alone is almost $100 an hour. I got the extended warranty for my 2005 Silverado, and have used it several times. For example my MAF sensor went bad, and the sensor alone is about $100. Also, the fuel level sensor decides to short out giving false fuel readings. Don't regret buying it and whenever something goes wrong, its that extra $20 that gives me peace of mind. I plan on getting it on my 2011 Camaro. These vehicles are getting more advance and can't be easily fixed at home.
aldaran is offline   Reply With Quote