View Single Post
Old 02-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #15
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Yeah it is, I'm just looking at it realistically. In the Sprint Car series I run on pavement, we're limited to GM's 305 of the 80's and 90's. Were making about 500hp and 480ft/lb at the crank on pure methanol. Reason I bring that up is at the same time its very much possible to do that to an LLT. The 305 is notorious for being a lame duck in the performance category. Something that people tend to look over. I would love to see an LLT built the same.

Speaking of cams, how are those bad boys coming? I was following the threads but people were hitting a wall with the tuning. I assume they've made more progress?
I remember the 305. I am not sure about the llt cams, but I know they are making good gains down under on the lfx. I have been waiting for the weather to break to install. I Recently purchased hp tuners and I am still learning. Should not be difficult at all to tune the cams in with the software. Not being able to tune properly was where the llt was hitting the wall. Hp tuners is now test reading and writing ecu's, shouldn't be too much longer until the llt's get some more love.
Nytrex 100 hp nitrous triple threat system, NytrexAccu-pressure bottle heater, HP tuners, K&N Typhoon CAI, MACE 6mm MI, Solo Performance high flow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder cat back exhaust system, BMR subframe connectors, BMR tunnel brace, BMR lowering springs, BMR Xtreme Anti-roll bar rear, Hotchkins Strut brace, SS/LS3 3.45 LSD, Axles, and hubs, Elite Engineering catch can, B&M Supercooler transmission cooler, FTI 3200 Stall.
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote