View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
fiascoes1
SoCalRaceTeam new-b!

Drives: 2012 ZL1/WHITE/BLACK STRIPE
ZL1 SUMMIT WHITE # 284

Here is my story, it all started on may 31 2011. I decided to sell my 2010 camaro ss that was modded, the reason I decided to upgrade to the Zl1 was the fact that I wanted a car I would not have to mod and still have a factory warranty. I ended up selling the ss to my bro in July of last year and started saving for a good down payment. On October 29th I walked into the dealership with the cash in hand, the salesman and salesmanager were clueless about the Zl1. After educating them on what the Zl1 was about, I was able to place my order thanks to camaro5. All my info came from camaro5 so I was always a few steps ahead of the dealer. After months of public transportation I decided to buy a daily driver (beater) 97 civic, my neighbors and friends thought I had lost my job and that my ss was repossessed. In January I received a call from my salesman asking me to change my order from the exposed carbon fiber insert to the standard insert or my order would be cancelled, so I did. Finally after all the delays my car was built on February 16th 2012, then the announcement came about the qc hold! I was tempted to cancell my order and go with the competition, but I've been a Chevy faithful all of my life so I decided to stick with it. Then the announcement from the fbod came on Thursday the 29th of march, that cars were shipping I tracked my car 24/7 all the way to the railyard in California, after sitting there for 3 days I finally got the call on April 11 that my car was there (one of the happiest days of my life). My girl said I didn't even smile as much when she gave birth to my son in November, BTW I drove her crazy throughout the whole process. The wait was well worthwhile, I love this car.
Options are black stripe, suede shifter and steering wheel, Manual six speed.
Pics to follow soon.
MODS: BORLA S-TYPE EXHAUST
SHOWSTOPPER SIDEMARKERS
AAC P13W'S DRL'S AND H11 FOG'S
OFFER'S DRL HARNESS
FOOTWELL LIGHTING
ZL1 FLOOR MATS (MAUREEN AT RODGERS)
BLACK VINYL BOWTIE
SOON TO INSTALL:
BORLA LONG TUBE HEADERS

Last edited by fiascoes1; 10-17-2012 at 10:07 AM.
fiascoes1 is offline   Reply With Quote