View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Mustangs back in 94 is when it seemed to become a girls car. I remember it was just after the game Outrun came onto the arcade scene. People saw corvette verts with a long blodne ponytail hanging out the back. High school girls started driving their daddy's vette if they could. Daddy's who didn't trust their daughters or wanted to give their daughters their own car went out convertible shopping. What's a cheap car that looks fast and has a convertible top? Not civics, not mr2's, not rx-7's. Miatas and mustangs are the two cars that come to mind. Since snobby daddy is cheap daddy or just doesn't trust his daughter, he buys her the 6 cyl. She gets a popular car that looks like her boyfriend's GT, with a convertible top, and daddy's vette is safe again.

I see the same thing with camaro 6 cyl, but not as often. Was there even a vert 4th gen? I don't think it would look as appealing as the 94-99 mustang if there was.

The mustang has stayed that way since around that time. I think girls will still want the mustang more than the camaro, but there will be a few camarochicks (not ours) who will buy the 6 convertible if offered.