View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #70
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleDs View Post
lol well I dont think wed have to worry about being a V6, so far everything on the Camaro has been nothing short of perfect-theres litterally a Camaro for everybody. I dont for see a Z28 with a V6. Do you suppose that perhaps itll be a LS3 ish motor, maybe better heads? Or an DOHC Northstar even? I only reason I would suggest that is because of the V8 VVT, seems like a strong "Rally" or "Euro" sport kinda of a motor, which would fit the kinda of car a Z28 comes to play in with the handling and more "fun no matter the RPM range" kind of driving-which is what you get in the likes of the STS. But the 4.6 VVT would seems a little outdated for a Camaro.
I'm sure it'll either be a Gen IV (i.e. LS3-based) or Gen V. I remember seeing images of a 6.2L L92 head a few years ago that had a DI injector in the combustion chamber, and with all the DI engines there are out there now, I could definately see that by the time Z28 returns. I think a 4.XL engine may just be a bit too small for a serious performance Camaro because of the "lack" of torque. I was reading a 1st Gen Camaro reference book last night (because I was curious where the Hell I came up with the LS6 454 possibly being available, COPO-style, in a '69) and saw some track numbers for the DZ Z28. To say the lack-luster 15-second 1320' time was a little slow is an understatement, but that dang thing trapped at 101 MPH at the end of the 1320'! All horsepower, and not a lot of low-end torque... It's not a great analogy, but that's kinda' what I'm seeing in my mellon. VVT would be great in any engine though, if you ask me

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote