View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #14
scrboy2002@aol.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IBM White Rally M6 SROOF
GO 2 miles south

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpdrennan View Post
I purchased my Camaro in February from Pine Belt Chevy in Eatontown and it was a horrible car buying experience. I went in there to buy a v6 sure I wanted the v8, but not for 5K over sticker. The salesmen told me they only had two v6’s and after negotiations halted 2hrs in, all of the sudden there was 4 more v6 models on the lot, my fault I should have looked around but I barely made it out of my car before the salesman was on me. I end up purchasing a beautiful Cyber Gray Camaro, but negotiations had gone on for a long time and it was one hour passed closing time. I was delivered the car, with a two minute detail, no gas, no instructions, it wasn’t even until I got it home that I realized it had auto start. When I brought it back the next day for gas, the salesman claimed to have to do another delivery(if it was anything like mine I don’t know why it was important) and he gave me the gas card and made me go to the station to get the gas myself, when I returned he was just sitting around. A couple days later when it all settled in I contacted him and let him know I was displeased with the service, and the salesman graciously offered me floormats, a detail, and some oil changes. During the deal since I live 2 hrs away from the dealership we had agreed the registration would be mailed to me(normal practice for people outside the area). The night before my temp tag was to expire I called the dealership because I still didn’t have my registration( it was a transfer). I work on an Army base and they won’t let you on without valid registration so this was a slight problem as I was now not able to get to work. The following day I get a call from the salesmen and he says I can come down and pick up the registration, I explain the problem, and I am admittedly getting frustrated. He claims well you really don’t need the registration just put the plates on and drive it. So I explain that he doesn’t understand I cannot get on the base without registration an d because it was not processed on time I will need to arrange transportation to work, he says this exactly “you’ve been an f-ing prick since you bought the car and if you want your registration you are going to have to come down here an f-ing pick it up.” Then he hung up the phone. I immediately called the management who were more than professional they emailed me a copy of the registration immediately so I could use it to get on base before I was able to pick up the real registration. I can’t say enough positive about the management, they handled the situation great, but I am still angry about what happened. I in no way deserved to be treated this way as a paying GM/Chevy customer. I still have yet to receive an apology from the salesman and when I went to the dealership to pick up the registration the salesman didn’t even look at me. PLEASE PLEASE do not buy a car from this place, and if someone has contact info for GM or Chevy, or the owner of Pine Belt please pass it along to me or forward this story to them. What happened was a disgrace and everyone should know how they are going to be treated there.

Why? Why would you go to Pine Belt? THey are horrible. Go into Ocean TWP< and go to Seacoast Chevrolet. Tell them Bill Frampton told you about them. Great customer service, friendly staff. Ive dealt with them through 20 different Chevy's (now 21, just picked up my 1SS/RS M6 Sunroof IDM WHite Rally) on Saturday. GO THERE!
scrboy2002@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote