View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #27
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincushin3819 View Post
I'm having the same problem with my HPS kit, I payed for an upgraded 80mm turbo for my 418 from Chris & come to find out I might have a 72mm or even a 67mm on there. Either way the turbo is to small even if you could put a bigger down pipe on there which is already about to touch the oil cooler as it is now that would be just half the problem. PCM has my car now & have been awesome to deal with, we are trying to figure out the best way to solve this problem. I have been talking to a local fab guy that works with PCM for turbo builds & we have come up with a few good ideas on how to fix this. Our goal is to find a location that is big enough for at least a 76mm turbo with no less than a 4 inch down pipe ether by moving the turbo like some have mentioned to another spot like behind the head light or even making a front bumper support & moving the intercooler & radiator out a few inches for a bigger turbo.
PCM has mine as well, they are great to work with. I would do something of that nature but I am just ready to foot the bill for it. Not this close to Camaro Fest anyway.