View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:42 PM   #14
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
Looks like you certainly have a plan. BUT Im really questioning if your going to be able to hit your HP marks.

On a FULL exhaust (heads back) I dont think you'll ever see more than 40WHP. Especially from an already highly developing engine.

Intake, sure 15whp assuming your not maxing out your injectors already. Im suprized you didnt say anything about a larger throttle body. With all this air exiting your going to want more air going into the engine (even more than just an intake).

Now you say you want to do water injection. Realize that without increased timing your only talking a couple of hp. To really make use of this system you want to put the water injection to run on WOT say above 3krpms and you'll want to increase your timing to the point of registering that the system is pulling timing due to knocking. This is the same thing as running 100 octane. Doing this properly figure about 15hp gain or so.
This assumes you have the ability to adjust timing, IMHO I think you should figure for getting a custom tune by whatever tune shop has the ability to crack the ecu. And were also assuming you have not maxed out your factory injectors or fuel pump. Which when nearing close to 100whp more than factory marks, I think its certainly a possibility that you need to entertain.

Personally, Im going to do mufflers, or maybe a cat back depending on how I feel. an intake (I'll make it look as stock as possible), whatever tune comes out; and if I still feel like its a slow dog, I'll to a 75 shot fogger system. Hide all the lines and the bottle so whomever looks under or in the car will think its stock.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote