View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #11
vthokiefan
Stealthy SS

Drives: 2011 CGM 2SS/RS w Black Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDan View Post
I get a noise when first starting it up, and driving through the gears, I hear the same sound you're describing. Like rice crispies in the transmission, but it goes away after warmed up... I'm thinking I'll put amsoil or rp in my tranny to see if it helps.

Yep that's the sound exactly.... seems to be most noticable when the engine revs are low (under 2.5K or so) in 2nd-4th. Yeah the last time I drove it I made sure the trans temp was up to running temp before even switching to M mode and could still hear it, although not quite as loud.

It's just a little weird because I don't ever here the noise when in D, but that could be because it's shifting to the next higher gear before the engine RPM's are getting high enough to make it noticable. The only reason I brought this up is cause it kinda sounds like there are little chunks of metal in the transmission getting knocked around... not a good sound on a car that doesn't even have 200 miles on it yet, ya know?! Just wanted to see if anyone else was hearing it... glad to know some others are and that it may be "normal" for the car.
vthokiefan is offline   Reply With Quote