DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Well on a positive note here. By the time the 2012 Zl1's will be going into
production some time in the first quarter of 2013. All the other camaro's
for the model year 2012 will have been already in production for 6 like months. Meaning the the dealers will already have ample inventory of those cars on there lots . Plus the fact that winter time is NOT the best time to sell cars. This would lead me to believe that they will be producing alot more of the ZL1's during the first quarter of
next year.
The limiting factor for the ZL1 probably won't be the plant itself. In theory, they could probably make 10,000 ZL1s any month they choose as long as they had the parts to do it. But the problem is that GM has to tell its suppliers that it plans on building say 800 ZL1s per month initially, trailing off to maybe half that towards the end of its production run. Those suppliers have to then prepare themselves for that level of demand, there will be some wiggle room but not all that much. They certainly can't tool up to make a couple thousand in the first month or two only to have it drop off to a couple hundred after that.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote