View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 02:37 PM   #66
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
I LOVE this car and the interior is overall, pretty nice looking. But the radio / heater / AC controls are the worst part of the car.

First, why does EVERYTHING have to attempt to look retro? This part ended up looking clunky and as others have said, like a Playstation controller. That doesn't seem like a smart way to appeal to a mass market.

Are the heater/ac controls all going to be manual controls? Is there no automatic electronic control where you set the temperature and the car does the rest ?

In a car that needs to be successful, why would GM make something like this totally proprietary to the Camaro? The Corvette was done very nicely using a standard double dinn head unit with optional navigation. Heater AC controls are also very nicely done on the Corvette. Why not borrow from that already proven design, make some minor cosmetic changes and save money by making reuse of existing parts?

If Chevy adds true navigation after 2010, it looks like they'll need yet another proprietary design for the Camaro and can't reuse a unit from another car.

I really dislike the radio / heater / ac section of the Camaro. It looks odd and appears to be nearly impossible to change in the aftermarket. To me, it's the only negative aspect of the whole car. I can live with it but I don't like it.
I agree, I am hoping the SS will have the automatic climate controls and optional navigation system. From what I heard the car will offer an in dash navigation system, but I don't think it will be available at launch.