View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 09:47 PM   #14
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonys10SS View Post
Well I no longer have a warranty so that does not matter. I was going to probably get a tune anyway, and I was planning on going with Solo High Flow cats but should I do that with short tubes? What would be the point you know? I would almost rather go with long tubes, high flow cats and rear gears with a tune and save for a supercharger in the future. That would probably be enough for me for the time being seeing as how I still have to put money into my 1969 Chevelle L78.
Some of the Cali guys like VR Baron have made some decent gains with JBA high flow cats and shorties. With a tune 32rwhp. The advantage of the shorties are that they are CARB legal and you won't have to spend the time and money to remove them. High flow cats can be r&r'd in about an hour or so. Long tubes with the matching cats and long tubes would take much longer and r&r'ing the long tubes with the stock manifolds and cats is labor intensive. I would do the dyno and get a trans tune before you do gears. You may be satisfied with the results.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote