View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #48
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchsride09 View Post
Yes, but "optimized" isn't always "optimal", in all conditions. Sorry; but you take the human reflexive factor out of it and you're going to lose something. The computer can't compensate for environmental surprises or shift when it's most advantageous against your opponent or for the surface/ terrain you're dealing with. Optimized shift points might help you on a straightaway on a track but for driving performance in the real world, nothing beats a manual.

You might think that I am somewhat of a stick snob. Really; I just think a car with this much performance deserves the attention and skill of its driver to get the best out of it, and I like the control and flexibility of a manual. I'm somewhat relieved the manual proved to be faster, if this is indeed truth. I have to admit it didn't make much sense to me either.

But having said that; before I get flamed by everyone on here who loves automatics, let me just say that I perfectly understand why some people drive them and prefer them. I just have my reasons for preferring the manual, as stated above.

BTW, I don't know much about paddle shifters... but I still prefer the clutch and shifter to them, too. It just feels better, IMHO.

you do remember that the auto has paddle shifters right? so you are not fully removing the "human reflexive skill". instead you are shifting in miliseconds when YOU want to as opposed to the .5-2 seconds it takes to speed shift.

and a big problem comes in on how you want to describe manual vs auto. cus if you have a manual valve body in an automatic, then is it still an auto? you HAVE to change gears manually, you just dont use a clutch to disengage the drivetrain.

i would like to know which of the vehicles he tested, not that im saying its not possible, but with the various prototype vehicles out there, its hard to say if that vehicle is exactly as what will roll off the show room floor.

but for my real point in this thread...

I wanna know how fast it runs in the quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wm Holden View Post

PS. I don't think we will see a stock camAro doing 12s...driven by anyone...anywhere...even ATCO...
stock LS1 camaros were doing 12s

hiiiigh 12s, but 12s none the less. just took a good driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
The difference between 0-60 from a Automatic Vs. a Manual is a lot less time than it took you to read this sentence.

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote