View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #41
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
I have been a "banner carrier" for a "proper" (MY definition!) ZEE since forever...and my personal reasoning for a "conventional suspension" (or, as I called it, "enhanced FE4") was the co$t$ saved could then be used to upgrade the LS3 to "heavy artillery" status: LS7. So...

1) I see "room at the inn" for BOTH an SS-1LE AND a Z/28...just like you have two price points for the so-called BOSS...which suddenly must be quivering just a lil bit at the possibility of going back to an hourly rate!

2) MRC vs. Enhanced FE4: I'd say the jury has spoken...and the Team is certainly the final jury. Last year we had the SSX to think about and react to; this year we have the 1LE to munch on. 1LE is certainly more likely, and more quickly, to be Oshawa-buildable...and more saleable and in greater volumes...than the back-seatless SSX.

However, there IS, from a purist and budgetary point of view, something quite compelling (at least for me) about the SSX's "racy" suspension... From a GMPP point of view, more folks would be likely to consider the cost and job of upgrading to an SSX-type suspension system, than would consider the complexity and probable co$t of an MRC refit...
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote