View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #11
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by card21doc View Post
I've searched a couple of sites, and I don't see any 20" all weather tires. The summer tires are only good in warm weather. When it's cold, they are useless. I think it would be stupid to have to buy an extra set of tires and wheels to run 4-5 months of the year. Might force me to go to the LT instead of the SS.
I priced several sets of 20" winters just in case I had trouble getting 18" rims to fit........ I ended up with 18's and good snows. I live in southern Ontario, Canada and no matter what version of Camaro I would have purchased would have gotten winters only! There is no excuse for trying to save dollars when your own or somebody elses life may depend on you stopping quickly or manouvering out os the way on slick surfaces. I spent $1680 CAD and am every bit happy for it. These tires combined with GM's ABS, second gen traction control and stabilitrac put FWD to shame ! I couldn't compare my 2000 SS winter abilities to how this SS performs on snow covered roads. Dude, spend the money, get the secutity!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote