View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #46
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruuzin LV View Post
It would appear that a cold air intake with the JRE Race Scoop would give you the best of both worlds.... Ram air and CAI with a MAF located in the "stock" position compaired to the Vararam for similar price.

Your thoughts?
The numbers in Jannetty's test show that the Halltech out performs the C.A.I. The Halltech wasn't tested with the scoop, but if it was it would beat C.A.I. a bit.

C.A.I., Halltech, Vararam; They all work fine.

Going with C.A.I. for me would be like following the herd. Not my style, but it sure is a good product. Well built and performs. I don't like it's looks but the majority here sure seem to like it.

Halltech out performs C.A.I. according to Jannetty's test but it didn't catch on like C.A.I. did here. I think this is also a great intake.

Vararam wasn't in the test, but has many faithful followers. It looks more like a full on road race car's intake. Not really pretty like a C.A.I., but I can appreciate function before form. I have the Vararam and I like it a lot. But I'm not going to recommend it just because I own it. The others are good choices too.

If you are not buying an intake right now, then I'd suggest thinking about waiting for the Jac-Fab intake to come out. It is a new design and it would appear to be staged to be the new top dog.

Ain't it great that we have many good choices ???
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote