View Single Post
Old 12-30-2010, 09:05 AM   #146
AUS10BMX

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaCamaro View Post
After reading this thread, I decided to test the usb port for the current software listing. From my understanding, you plug in the device or usb drive and then press and hold the menu button. In my case, I'm using a standard usb drive. When I plug it in, the screen simply says something like device not supported. I have a '10 2LT delivered last May so I'm certain that its outdated but is there another way to check the software?

Off Topic: I'm new to the idea of software updates, should I be taking my car in for other updates as well? Anything in specific? I'd appreciate a PM to keep this thread on topic. Thanks.
If you take it to the dealership, there is nothing they can do on the spot. This is not a computer update, it is a physical updated piece. What you are describing with your car is correct, I got my car in May of 09' so its a very early model. To find out what model your radio is, just do the following instructions as listed above. Your device has to be working in order for this to show on the screen.

Back to what I found out, it's a matter of convincing GM to pay for it. Pretty lame how they lady who got a brand new 11' with radio problems, and GM want even fix hers.

They damn well will be fixing mine though, haha. This is BS.
AUS10BMX is offline   Reply With Quote