View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 11:06 PM   #80
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I almost broke down after opening my mailbox this morning and seeing this magazine in there. I waited for it SOOOOOOOOOOOO long to put the Boss 302 LS rumors to rest.

The best thing about this story is that FINALLY somebody mentioned CORRECTLY why the mustangs are behind the camaros. Front weight distribution. The Mustangs are horrible when you look at this and if it wasn't for this bad distribution, they would've been seconds faster, even with the solid rear axle. GT500 at 56.6% front weight distribution?!?!?!? They had no other option but to make crazy amounts of HP to just beat a 1LE..... now you know why they never posted Nurnburgring times.

I am too still blown away that nobody has done a Boss 302 LS vs. 1LE head to head comparison but the fact is that popular mechanics compared a base 2013 302 to the 1LE at gingerman and the 1LE beat it by 2.5 seconds. That is A LOT for such a short track. Finally, we see #'s that show it is faster than a 2012 Boss 302LS, which is better than the 2013 LS from what I have heard or seen. With 0.9 slower than a 2013 shelby gt500 I have zero doubt the 1LE is faster than a Boss 302 LS. To be honest, with such a HUGE price gap it doesn't even matter. Years of tires and brake parts for the track with a better car to begin with. Thank you GM.

I always knew that buying a 1LE was the right thing to do as far as bang for the buck (I payed in the $37s) but when I saw the German lap times in this article I was blown away. M5, M6, S6, RS5 SECONDS behind a 1LE??!!? Man, I can't wait to take that cover of my 1LE in the spring.....