View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:12 AM   #16
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
i am in the process of installing kooks longtubes w/ cats and a Corsa catback with Roto-Fab CAI.

taking the OEM crap off sucks but the Kooks headers slip right in and look amazing on the cars. the Roto-Fab (in IOM) looks great and installs in minutes. i have had time to do the Corsa yet. i didn't go all Kooks because i heard at cruising speeds it's loud enough that your bain ratles. i figure if you're installing this stuff yourself this might be usefull.

i went with the 1 7/8" Kooks because for my setup now it'll run great and my target is 550rwhp someday. i think the 1 3/4" are a little more restrictive, BUT may give you a tad more low end torque.

my next step will be Ted at Jannetty and either hptuner or the Trinity with his custom tuning expertise. Ted has probly done you're exact configuration in the shop and has a tune he could pre-load for ya to start with.

sounds like you're mods are similar to mine, and Ted mentioned 420rwhp to me would be about where i'm gonna wind up until i can afford the SC.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote