View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #60
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Long term update on the roll bars, race seats, and harnesses:

Absolutely love going to the track with them. It's just awesome.

Some of the bolts that attach the mounting points to the car loosened up by themselves, had to be retightened. Need to check them regularly just in case. They did have lockwashers on, so that's strange.

I broke one of the bolts on that attaches the roll bar to the driver's rear mounting point. The bolt got stuck and I put a 2 foot breaker bar on it to try to get it past a point where the threads got mucked up. Stupid idea. Busted the bolt in half. Gotta take the bar to my welder to extract this week. But at least the bar comes out with the bolt busted off.

The seats are wonderful if you are tall. I have had an instructor who was so short he could barely see over the dash. Just bought some rigid foam today and am going to cut a few 1" or 2" slabs that a passenger can stick underneath to get some height. Not a biggie at all, especially as I am mostly going solo these days.

When I ordered the harnesses I thought "better too big than too small" but that wasn't very smart. Each strap has at least 6-8" of extra strap flopping around. Doesn't bother me too much but I may get it shortened over the winter when I am not tracking it.

Pete

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote