View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 10:00 PM   #9
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
I am asking for a good reason and I think there is a lot of misleading info or misconception here. Firstly, using a handheld does not mean you can not get a custom tune and use those on a handheld.

I am a "pro tuner" and I am one of SCTs oldest tuners, and beta testers. I have always used EFI live and HP tuners for my GM calibrations because it used to be far superior to anything available.....until SCT re-released their GM software for the newer PCM GM vehicles that includes just as many parameters if not more than the other including on par or superior datalogging. Now you have a software capable of EVERYTHING hptuners and efi can do PLUS you get to put those tunes onto a handheld (these are not canned tunes). The handheld can hold 3 tune files and you can go back to stock.

The main question is to a consumer...would you use/want SCT if your "pro tuner" suggests it or is it too new or untested to compete with the likes of HPT or EFI Live.....what about paying extra to get the handheld that can hold 3 custom tunes plus the stock tune??
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote