View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Rock36
I just like V8s

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxcellent View Post
Yeah, when it really comes down to it, 430hp is pretty unbelievable. AND its easy to forget that the accompanying torque is MUCH higher than many competing cars... Mustang GT = 320lbft, 2009 BMW M3 = 295lbft, etc. I think this will make the Camaro FEEL even faster than maybe the numbers would indicate. Big torque down low will do a lot... big horsepower only lets you get to a higher top speed.

Either way, pretty soon we'll all be celebratin'

~LSx
This almost makes me want to figure out how to buy a new vette instead of the Camaro, but I must be disciplined and patient.

The only thing is that the current 300hp/320 ft-lb Mustang GT isn't a competitor to the Camaro. The current Mustang GT really doesn't have a competitor with the exception of import cars like the RX-8, 350Z, and Mitsubishi Eclipse GT.

Ford will have something to answer back with the Mustang. It might not be a 430 hp car like the Camaro, but it will have alot more than 300hp.

There is a good battle coming ahead between Ford, Dodge, and GM. I don't think this will be a walk in the park for GM, but the best fought battles are the challenging ones.

Here's to the future

2007 Corvette Z06: Le Mans blue, 2LZ

Rock36 is offline   Reply With Quote