View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #21
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
That really depends on where you are in the pad life cycle. If you are more than half way thru the stockers, you may need to resurface to avoid issues. Check the rotors for sings of a lip developing at the outer edge of the rotors and for pad scoring on the face where the majority of the pad rides.

If you are low mileage, slam the new ones in and follow a proper bed-in procedure for new pads are you should be golden....

To bed-in new pads you need to find a road where you can make repeated stops without impeding anyone else or getting run over!

1. Make 3-5 stops from a speed of no more than 25mph using moderate brake pressure and avoid coming to a complete stop. Allowing the brakes to cool for a minute in between applications.

2. Allow a full cool down (15-20mins depending on weather temps) then repeat step 1 using speeds of 40 mph.

3. Allow a full cool down and repeat step 1 at 55 mph and allow a full cool down.

Sure it's a PITA but isn't everything?
This has to be done first thing when installing them? The only road I can thnk of where I could do that is a couple miles out, not sure how I could get there without using the brakes.]

Also, how easy is it to install brake pads?
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote