View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Angry Paint Scratches From Nowhere

I already know the paint issues on this car.

That said, the past few days I have been noticing new scratches on my car. All of them are easy to spot....around 6 inches or larger...and all can be felt by using my fingernail...they don't appear to be surface scratches, but rather "deep" ones.

I have had one on the top of the hood that's about 6 inches, I've had one on the back above the rear diffuser that's about 7 to 8 inches, and now today I've got multiple marks on my driver's side front quarter panel over the wheel well that are at LEAST 7 inches long. It's starting to make me .

I Turtle Waxed the heck out of the car this past weekend and was able to get the hood scratch looking better...but now its back like I did nothing, and seems to have brought cousins.

Being that the car is black, everything shows...I knew that before I bought it and I'm not griping about that so much as I am just wondering...how does a car that goes almost nowhere and parks next to nothing get scratched?

My car doesn't even see parking lots at stores....my '07 Mustang GT has that duty, and doesn't have scratch one either.

So now I've got fish-eyes on the paint that's left on the car, and scratches everywhere else. It's enough to piss off a preacher. To top that off, I don't even touch the car when I wash it. I have a water softener attached to a spray wand that switches between soap and rinse...so the car has NEVER even been touched with a cloth! And I dry it with a leaf blower, so no chance there for scratches either.

My car just hit 2100 miles...at this rate, it's going to look like crap at 5000 miles.

Has anyone else out there noticed scratches appearing randomly in their paint??
ShowSStopper is offline   Reply With Quote