View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #11
DieselAries1

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClawSS View Post
Diesel, the shop I used had WONDERFUL Hunter equipment and knew what they were doing, but I am pretty sure I was the 1st lowered Camaro to have been on their rack. I "illegally" spent quite a few minutes in the back with the techs describing what I wanted and what needed to be done to proceed. They did a real good and caring job, but you will want to evaluate your shop before hand. You taking more time prior will help you figure out where to go.

I went where the Hunter HS421ML alignment machine was within minimal driving distance.

My friend's shop has a good machine, but his has to shoot a beam from left rear to right rear. It is not a front laser down to each wheel independently. We found that after doing the spring swap then moving over to his alignment rack and timing the bushings that his machine wouldn't work because the rear quarters wrapped down too low now for the wheel alignment heads to see the other side of the car.

Thus he called a different shop about 10mi away that he knew got a new Hunter machine that would do the trick. Just sayin....
This shop appeared to have high tech stuff. Here's a quote from their web page. "N.A.P. CCD Optical Aligners and the V3D 1 & 2 aligners offer optimum performance in their respective categories. The new John Bean V3D 3 ARAGO alignment system takes wheel-alignment equipment to the next generation. The V3D 3 ARAGO advances "error-free" alignment technology with the use of three self-synchronizing digital cameras and automatic height indexing. This technology provides the ultimate performance in fast, easy, and accurate alignments while minimizing the possibilities of errors due to operator and vehicle variables."
And here is their machine apparently.
DieselAries1 is offline   Reply With Quote