View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
is that the extend of the "road coarse"? IS the event more drag racing than anything on a road coarse?

Edit

I seen some of the road coarse vids.. is it all follow the leader?
No, that is just a warm up autocross section to teach lines, to be smooth in the transitions and such.

All track time is follow the leader. Each person in the group ( 6 to 8) gets a couple laps right behind the instructor to see the lines of the track. The instructor will go as fast as you push him, or conditions warrant.

For example, last year was a wet track day. I had brand new tires on my car so I had great traction where the instructor had older tires that had been through multiple heat cycles which made them hard; therefore I was actually able to keep better traction then him, so I was right on him and he then dictated how fast we went.

Make sense? By NO means was I better, just my tires had better grip, which gave my car better control. I have been misunderstood a lot lately, don't need any more of that

Oh, if you look at the first year vids when the track was dry, you can see how the group spreads out. We were hitting triple digits easily on the back straight and did a couple times on the front straight.