View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #227
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomino View Post
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the hot rod industry, but some of the most popular cars there are '32, '33, '36 fords. you tell me how many guys are still around from that era. the hot rod industry is being held up by the kids and grand children of those who worked on restoring the 30's fords in the garage back in the 40's. it is something that was passed on, and will continue to be passed on. now being in the "digital" age, sure, society will move on to other things, but those hot rods will continue to be legendary to those who care.

the camaro is a car that lots of kids were excited about because of the transformers movie. when those kids are old, they will continue to love the camaro because of how it tied in with their childhood.

Elvis is a legend, and people recognize him as so. maybe not a lot of people listening to him anymore, but he is recognized as a legend none-the-less.
I don't disagree, but the %of those who give a shit? It's losing ground quickly. And yes,Elvis is a legend. But in my 6 month old child's eyes when he's a teen? I doubt it. Not even if i preach to him about it. Know why? he simply wont give a shit. Not everyone cares how their parents see things and more so don't. As long as its not illegal or wrong, you can't force them to enjoy the same things you did as a child. It won't ever be forgotten because its history, but the want for it is ultimately lessened and the market becomes very small. Look at the market for swords built in say 16th century. Rare yes, expensive yes. But not that expensive. The market isn't interested in that.

In 40 more yrs, kids will be tweaking their batteries in their cars to run hotter in hopes that the mouse beneath the hood runs a little faster. Ask them to change the oil in our cars and they'll drive the car off a cliff so that you never have to change it again lol.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote