View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #15
peteypab2133

Drives: Mitsu EVO / 3 series
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Looking at all boosted options. It will come down to price versus performance.
Torque and Horsepower
First with stock LS3/L99 and second with billet bottom end

The possibilities:
Magnuson
Whipple
Eaton
ProCharger
ATS Twin Turbo
STS Twin Turbo
Nelson Twin Turbo (must have built motor)

The average price point for these seems to be in the 5 - 7K range for 550-600 hp and corresponding torque.

Any others?

I don't mean to be negative, but if you just create a "me too" twin turbo kit, you are fighting the incumbents with a track record. If you can come in at a better price point, then you should have something marketable. I hope your team has the ability to provide this type of solution. Good Luck !
I 100% agree. That is why i wanted to understand what the buyer wanted before i product development, market penetration and the possibility of failure. I am a non traditional thinker

The shop has been building turbo kits for Evo's/Sti's/Solstices/cobalts/and honda/DSM's etc etc. Making power is nothing new to these guys either, and the tuner himself tunes cars like Brent Rau's 6 second 1/4 mile eclipse as well as many others with 7/8/9 and so on second cars.

I really feel that with the right price, this could be accomplished, but if there is a very small market for it, then the R&D would amount more than the sales of the few kits. I always wanted to make twin turbo kits for the v6 mustangs/camaros back in the day when performance selection was limited.

We will see how well the process goes on the car we have in the shop now. Got to get all the flanges made, runners, exhaust mounting points etc etc made, so it will take some time. Dont have any kits to just "knock off" so to speak. Will keep looking on here. I appreciate the responses!!
peteypab2133 is offline   Reply With Quote