View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #79
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
good analysis.

[QUOTE=[B]Dragoneye[/B];3896448]Are we getting hung up on this 75k statement? Please tell me "no"....:(
...If I may....
Cadillac CTS sport Coupe (3.6L, RWD): $39590
Chevy Camaro Coupe 2LT:.................$29250

Difference: $10,340...this is how much you're paying for the "Cadillac version" of an otherwise very similar vehicle...

Now...

Caddy CTS-V Coupe: $64090
$64090 - $10,340 = $53,750
This poster's estimated MSRP of new ZL1: $54,000

Also...at 60,000 starting price (that's what I'm assuming we're all talking about here)...you're well over a Grand Sport Corvette with options...within spitting distance of the MUCH more luxurious CTS-V...and awful close to countless other perceived "very fast cars" out there...and I don't know the last time a manufacturer-sanctioned Nurburgring lap time became a value-added selling point, because as much as I love the ZL1...that's all it's really got over the CTS-V...

In short...I simply don't believe it'll start at 60k. Is the performance package worth it? YES! It'd be worth it at $100,000...but it's not a BMW, or an Audi, or a Porsche, or a whatever...They've put way too much development work into this car (imvho) to waste their time and trying to sell it at a higher-than-necessary price.

But maybe I'm wrong...maybe Chevy doesn't stand for value anymore...perhaps we're all going to be told "you can't have it" when we see the MSRP...[/QUOTE]
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________
My concern. If it is priced that high, the Nostalgia Factor goes out with the bathwater.....leaving what we dreamers feel the target dream audience ought to be (US), holding the bag. Pricing can be based on potential prices other cars in the same performance league cost, or it can be based on actual cost with target saturation desire's in mind. Base it on "potential" and many loyalists may just not be feeling the heartbeat quite so much. Oh, the Nostalgia of it All!!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote