View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #53
NightmareZL1
Can't stop ***ifying

Drives: Ashen 2013 Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
The thing about it is that just about everyone here HAS the current version, so they are naturally biased towards that one over the redesign, be it intentionally or not. Just like almost everyone who owns a '68 Camaro thinks the '68 version looks better than a '69...But ask someone who doesn't own either one what their preference is and it's usually the '69 that's considered the better looking version of the Camaro. Same kinda thing here with the 2010-13 vs the '14 redesign. I like my 2010 better, but guaranteed anyone who buys a '14 will believe theirs looks the best. Right now no one owns a '14 so it's of course everyone thinks "their" version is better.

Doubt it, "New tail is ugly" seems to be in the majority of camaro owners and noncamaro owners minds. I know of many people who do not own, nor will ever own a camaro and they all (ALL!) thought that the new tail was a step backward.
I have had many corvettes. Have a C3, just sold my C6 Z06, had 2 C4's and a C5. Every time they change the corvette, I think, well that looks different, but progress was made, different but better. 2014 camaro = . Sorry. fail on front and fail on back. that new nose initially looked cool, now it is looking more and more feminine. Kind of like what happened to the camaro in the 70's, they tried to make it look smoother and "euro" - it just looked silly.
2014 corvette looks awesome. They should have put taillights similar to those on the camaro.

Just my opinion.
Rotofab, grinding rear diff sound forever, dealer replaced supercharger - now i have a rattle when starting from a stop, ordered 2.35 lingenfelter pulley, hp tuner, belt, 100mm idler pulley, tr7IX spark plugs, wideband kit, long tubes with no cats...hoping for 650hp. dyno with rotofab = 518hp
NightmareZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote