View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Ressurecting Pontiac?

We're all thinking it so im just saying it, should we rally to bring back our long lost evil twin? I've been pondering this, along with many many other people i would assume, so im very interested in starting a thread about it. So to start off the discussion here's a few reasons why i believe Pontiac should be re-instated:

-First of all Pontiac started the "muscle car" as we know it today when it dropped the biggest V8 it could find into the Pontiac Le Mans (which would go on to become the GTO) and challenged Ferrari to a duel of GTOs. After the smoke cleared Pontiac had pulled off a miraculous win and so born was the American muscle car. (lets just neglect the fact that Pontiac cheated, LOL, they arent known as the "Darth Vadar of the road" for nothing LOL). Not only did Pontiac start the muscle car, it reigned supreme through most of the muscle car era, and became the last standing true muscle car after the government castrated our beloved coupes. Pontiac kept the dream alive for years with the 455, then the 400, and still refused to compramise by adding turbo chargers when all else failed.

-Pontiac started it with the GTO but remained on the fore-front of "badass" with the Trans Am. Sure Mustang fans can boast that they have the only muscle car to survive every year since its birth, but who can possibly compare a 2nd Gen Trans Am to a fox-body Mustang? It just doesnt happen, the econo-box stang gets lost in that menacing black coat, the bezeled gauges, and especially that torque-breathing dragon on the hood. From the muscle car era, past the muscle car era, into the modern era, the Trans Am was THE car to have hands down.

-Now i could go on and on about the company's past exploits but what's really important is the market place today. Recently the market has swayed into the favor of the muscle car. People are putting aside their petty penny-pinching attitudes for a taste of true freedom that only an American V8 can provide. Now in a time like this, how can Pontiac be over-looked? Pontiac is a virtual gold-mine waiting to be tapped, the GTO, Trans Am, and any other performance models that arent just re-badged bogus models would sell out faster than anything seen in recent history. How can GM stand and say GMC is a better investment than Pontiac when all it consists of is re-badged Chevrolet trucks? Its just not the same "muscle car war" without the flagship bad-boy brand. Pontiac could be the definate savior GM needs right now if they would just put in the time and effort needed. No more lame re-badging, stick to the hot issue right now which is muscle, muscle, MUSCLE! and never stray from the idea that Pontiac is the premiere performance brand.

**With the market today, how can it be over-looked so easily? So I ask the publics oppinion, what would you think about a revival of the red arrow?
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote