View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Actually, I think the weak link are the axles. 2 different Pedders dealers have done programs only for manuals, and have broken axles! My understanding from GM s the diff is pretty strong. We have a special diff bushings and cradle bushing sets that are solid and a high very high dura. Drag racers and very high hp Camaros will seriously appreciate the control yet sound reducing controls they will offer.

Even though Pedders tests all of our products on the track, the emphasis for our parts, when we look at all spectrums, performance, comfort, noise abatement, durability, we are focused for serious aggressive street applications, that just happen to work on a Track as well.

thanks
mike
dms
Thank You for the info, Mike. Yes, the axles were a known weak link right away. Luckily, I have a company that is making HD axles for me. It's that 2 pinion spider and 8.6 ring gear have me more than a little nervous. Robin thinks Eaton is going to build a better center section. The stiffer bushings/cradle that you have though are a necessity... Thanks.