View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 AM   #2
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed330i View Post
Stupid question, but here it goes.

Given the overwhelming success of the new Chevrolet Camaro, it begs the question, Is the recent success of the Camaro coming at the expense of the Corvette's sales?

I guess another way to pose the question is, What is the Camaro's "target market" and how does that differ from a Corvette buyer?

The top of the line Camaro 2SS delivers some exceptional performance, with two rear seats to boot.

Excluding the top of the line Corvette, why would anyone purchase a Vette, when the Camaro is so very similar in performance, with a newer design.

Not trying to diss the Vette, but.....

Martin
They keep "up-pricing" the Corvette just out of my (comfortable) reach. Sure, you can get a 'stripper' corvette with a bunch of discounts and all that that brings it close to a loaded 2SS/RS but then you have to give up all the cool options.

Plus, the Camaro seems to trump the Vette in build quality and styling (I hate the goofy Ferrari immitation headlamps) and think even if they were the same price the Camaro would be a better quality car. It wouldn't be as fast or as good on the track, but as reliable and fun commuter transportation the Camaro wins.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote