Thread: The V6 Lounge
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #2283
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Hey all.

So I went to the dealer to get an oil change (free, can't beat free) and my inspection said I need to change out my tires soon. I have between 1/8 and a 1/4 of tread left. So Christmas came early! I thought my tires would be up by December. Seeing as how my tires are like 800-900 dollars I'm going to trade my current wheels in for some extra cash and just swap back to 18" wheels.

Here's where I need help. My guy has a set of the 1 LT wheels with new tires for $600 (another customer is selling them through him). So that's a quick saving plus extra money from my trade in. Or...I'm looking at a few wheels mainly these:

Drag Dr-37

Elbrus I08 (in black or silver)

Axis sport XMX

Or ANDROS Spec D

They are all within in a pound or two of the 1 LT wheels. The ANDROS wheels are actually 2.5 lbs lighter.

Given my budget of $900 plus trade in plus $100 for my birthday I estimate a total budget of around $1400 so I can afford all of these plus tires. What do you guys think?
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote