View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
How to clean sharpie off leather and everything else in ur car.

Long story short. My 2 year old boy was playing in the car while I was detailing it this afternoon. He found the silver sharpie. :eek: I look in...silver sharpie all over the left door.. .leather and plastic. All over the steering wheel, top, center, radio controls, left blinker. All over the center console, both cupholders, stick shift. :eek: All over the back leather seat and passenger side plastic whatchamacallit (holds the speaker). A few marks between the rear seats on the hump in the carpet. I freak out. I try to use rubbing alky. It lightens up the door pretty good. Ouch. Wife runs out w/ ............

MR CLEAN MAGIC ERASER. Cleaned it all up.

Check it out if you haven't ever tried it. This thing cleans just about everything. I can't tell you how freaked I was. But, after a few minutes of scrubbing w/ the eraser and it was pretty good. I slapped some leather treatment on the seats, etc. and it was good as new, no probs.

Lesson learned...Don't let boyo play in the car unsupervised. I also found a strange noise of what sounded like change falling or rattling around evertime I turned the steering wheel. Yeah, he thought it would be fun to put my spare change in the top of the steering wheel. I got it out though.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote