View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #228
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoone123 View Post
I sould like it to be a sleeper. So you can surprise people

BTW is that the stock exhaust? I'm getting interested in this. Never drive a car with turbo, sound real nice. And what's is estimate of total cost you spent on. Seem like its getting close to SS price, then again the car is 300Lbs lighter and more HP.
boost is your friend

having once had a 6.0 V8 car and another one that boosted to 18lbs, both rock, but driving dynamics are pretty different between the two. You have to prepare and understand power doesnt come on as quickly as in a NA with high displacement. However upping your hp with the turn of a dial (or push of a button if your running Greddy's steering wheel mounted push-button boost controller) is a great thing. I started off in the import crowd and sorta backed my way in to domestics, so I've always been a fan of FI, so having the opportunity to mesh a potent v6 with boost seems ...well, I think we havent covered but just the tip of the iceberg as far as the potential we'll have with these cars. Vendor support will be key, but 6mo-1yr from now these v6's will be putting some great numbers down. You watch