View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 06:31 PM   #20
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriGun View Post
I think GM will do a big mistake if they supercharged the Z28. From what i see, a lot of people looking for not expensive, tunable and upgradable cars rather than expensive, pushed to the limit cars (no room fr cosmetic upgrades). Also a lot of people favor turbochargers over superchargers. what I think GM should do for the Z28 is the following:
  1. forged engine internals (pistons, crank,...)
  2. stronger tranny and upgraded torque converter.
  3. better gear ratios.
  4. better suspension.
  5. touchup for the exterior.
  6. Thats it!

by this, the Z28 will not be more expensive than the SS but it has the ability to reach or exceed 700 hp safely (either way: turbocharged or supercharged). As for the exterior i don't mined a different style from the SS, I like different trims to be distinguished from the first look.
A couple of things:

1 Everything on you list is big bucks. So pay more money but only get better handling and the POTENTIAL to upgrade the HP if you want. Why make the people who won't or don't want to upgrade pay for a heavier, more expensive transmission and upgraded forged internals.

Also, curious as to why you say most prefer turbo over super charging. I'd take a supercharger 9 ways to Sunday. Turbo only matters if you want an engine that gets good fuel economy but when you use your right foot you get HP. I would prefer the low end torque of the supercharger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
I don't care what engine they put in it as long as it's the LS9!
Cha Chinnnggggggggg!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
My check book cares........ That would be one freckin expensive Camaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Shoot for the stars
And you can break Shnomac's checkbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Will the SS be able to keep up with a new more powerfull Mustang GT? Or will we need something to fill the gap until a newer SS comes out?
That is a gooooood question........hmmmmmmm