Thread: Borla or Corsa?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #8
SAUCE

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS BLKonBLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Now I realize gmpp catback is made by Borla which is nice I think. However I'm sure borla will offer nicer after market setups or hope they will. Aren't these about the top two companies for v8 exhaust, should anyone else be considered. Never had any kind of car to worry about this kind of exhaust before just a few silverado's with flowmasters. I know borla is tops and I know corsa is up there too, lingenfelter uses corsa with all of their packages right.

Now I found the corsa site very user firendly they had sounds of ls3 corvetter with the 3 different exhaust options. I didn't find borlas site as user friendly not sure if they have direct links to sound/videos or not, I'm sure stuff can be found on youtube etc...

So thoughts, input, advice, discussion? I figured emissions legality won't be a problem I have illegal tint now and a guy to handle my inspections I doubt if he will mind passing me for exahust.

Edit: I might add I want some deep throaty v8 sound, i like it loud. My civic is fairly loud sets off alarms and is not high pitched like most ricer cars. I want sound that will make the mustangs/challengers tremble. There aren't a lot of challengers around here yet but i'm sure they will pop up in due time. There are a lot of mustangs around here some of which sound really really good.

Ive been trying to figure this whole exhaust thing for a while and it seems to be a tough choice when you think about it. I think anybody on here will agree that Long tubes are a must. Not only for HP but it gives the car a whole new voice. Borla and Corsa are 2 great products but there are several others out there that are just as good. Exhaust is not rocket science so as far as HP goes they are all goin to be around the same. I would say the best thing for you is to go on you tube and search LS3 Corvette with borla, or corsa exhaust and longtubes and find what you like better. I like a louder more rasp exhaust so I prefer Borla over corsa anyday. Some others to look at are SLP loudmouth I, or Loudmouth II as well as Spintech. Between Borla,SLP, and Spintech those are my fave. If you want to be loud and quite go with a more muffled exhaust and slap on 2 elec cutouts. Once again Long tubes are a must In my OPINION!!!!!!!!

the older classic crowd will most likely have a diff opinion!! (with all do respect lol)

2SS RS
CGM
black panel
DT spoiler

Right off the bat:
CAI
FAST LSXr Intake
LT's
SLP loudmouth
SAUCE is offline   Reply With Quote