View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #26
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
You should look into getting one of the Mr. Clean AutoDry systems. http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/home.do

Our water is extremely hard also (tons of iron coming straight out of the well). I've been using the Mr. Clean AutoDry just for the water filtering ability. It works really well for me in removing the mineral deposits from the water before it hits my trucks. Replacement filters are about $7-$8 each and mine last for about 5 washes instead of the 10 uses it says on the package but it's still cheaper than going to a local car wash.
It will help a bit with the water but this system is kinda bleh. My wife bought it as a gift as she know detailing is my thing but if u use it per directions which i did u will not get a great looking wash. The wash mitt and the soap is garbage. The soap dispensing is laughable at best. Changing the setting is really annoying as well. I have 2 black cars they dont lie. The water is not bad in these parts and it turned out very streaky. Foam gun with fire nozzle using 2 bucket method still only way to fly imo. As for my mr clean its collecting dust. Btw u can use other brand soaps u dont have to use that crap they tell u to use. U pay 10 bucks for a little bottle of soap plus there $10 filters its a pricey toy for a less then average wash no thanks .Sorry folks there is no free lunch washing and drying a car properly. U gota put some time and effort into it.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote